Monday, January 12, 2015

Happiest Day Of My Life

 I met an amazing gentlemen in the airport the other day and he shared his story with me and said I could share it with y'all. What an inspiration he is to so many. AND, he's from Georgia which is always a plus;)

“The happiest day of my life was in 1970 when I received Christ in my life on the battlefields of Vietnam.
It gave me perspective, I understood what my mission was.

I was just getting out of high school and I didn't know what direction I was supposed to take.
When the Lord put His hand on my life I knew exactly where I needed to go to college.

I became a chaplain and served in the military as one for 32 years and taught many others about Christ.

Then I built a church in Hinesville, Georgia. The majority of my congregation are soldiers.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment