Monday, November 3, 2014

Page 1 of 1

I was sitting here getting ready to write when I noticed that at the bottom of this page in small letters it says: Page 1 of 1. I started thinking about it and how true to life that is.

Everything that we want to be remembered for has to fit on one page, so to speak.

One of my favorite quotes is: “Live twice the first time.” Meaning, instead of waiting until the end of my life and then looking back saying, If I could live my life over again, I would... I want to be the person who looks back and says: I loved people. I shared my faith. I lived what I spoke. I encouraged every person I met. I gave hope to the hopeless. I saw people’s potential not their past. I lived the way I want to be remembered.


Shortly after I heard that quote I took a day by myself to write down things that I wanted to be remembered for, such as encouraging people. This year I decided to ask great leaders what they wish that they had known/started doing at my age.

I knew that if I asked enough great leaders, no matter how busy they were then I would at least get a few to give me words of wisdom. Here’s the first letter I got back. Since it’s such great advice I wanted to share it with you. It’s from
Dr. John D. Hall.


One of my favorite things to do, and something I want to be remembered for, is being thankful! I have alarms set throughout the day to remind me to be thankful. One of them is at 3:33 and it comes up and says: God gave me another 3:33!  I love the number 3 because of ThreeLife Church. Today was extra special because it’s the 3rd! You know what’s cool about setting reminders to be thankful? I have them set to come on every day, so no matter how my day’s going, I am reminded that there’s always something to be thankful for! I’m also super thankful for these amazing and encouraging difference makers from ThreeLife. I smile every time I see my background!


2 comments:

  1. Johanna, You're amazing!! I like that screenshot - thank you for the weekly encouragement. I got a card from your yesterday that was definitely needed. Hope you have an awesome week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Jon! Reading your comment just now made me smile so big! Thank you for all that you do each and every day to encourage countless people in such an incredible way. You will never know of all the lives that you've impacted by being such a bright light for Him! Keep being you're amazing self!

      Delete