Wednesday, November 5, 2014

You've Got My Name Wrong

“You've got my name wrong.”

Isn't it awkward when someone calls you someone else's name. It's not so bad the first time or even the second, but by the third time you're starting to think: Maybe they really don't know that's not my name. We never think to ourselves: Wait. Maybe I'm the one that doesn't know my name. Maybe I was wrong.

Something that’s interesting to me is that so often when someone calls us stupid or a loser instead of thinking: That's not my name. Obviously they don't know me well enough if they're calling me by the wrong name. But no. So many time we think: Maybe they're right.

That is the craziest thing to me. Why would we ever let someone calling us by the wrong name change the way that we look at ourselves? If someone’s called you a loser or said that you’re not good enough then they obviously don’t know you well enough.


You are a winner. Your life matters. Next time someone calls you a loser just realize that they don’t know you well enough and they’re the one that’s missing out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment